Assistance for Concordia University Students
PSU offers assistance to Concordia University students
During this time of uncertainty, Portland State University wants to extend itself as a partner to Concordia University students. We have been long-time academic and civic partners and PSU is committed to providing any assistance required by the university or its students during this difficult time.
PSU stands ready to assist students searching for a higher education home following Concordia's closure.
Undergraduate Application Process
- Apply to PSU (on the payment page, select "Fee Deferral") or contact your admissions counselor
- Application fee will be waived
Portland State will provide the following for all international students currently engaged in degree coursework at Concordia University Portland
- Waive the English Language Proficiency Requirement
- Guaranteed $4,500 merit-based scholarships
Concordia students who are currently enrolled in the Concordia Honors program will be offered admission to PSU's Honors College. Interested students should email PSU's Honors College directly at email@example.com and state that they are a Concordia student.
- Oregon residents may qualify for Four Years Free or Transfers Finish Free.
- Nonresidents may qualify for the Western Undergraduate Exchange or Out-of-State Opportunity Scholarship.
- Connect with our professional team of financial aid advisors in the Office of Financial Aid.
It is not too late to sign up for PSU campus housing for Summer or Fall 2020. Our lowest double rate rooms are available to you at about the same cost you pay at Concordia. Other rooms are available at a slightly higher cost.
- Guaranteed on-campus housing for students who are admitted to PSU and submit a housing contract by May 1
- $300 credit to your room rate for Fall term
- Deferred campus housing application fee
The $300 housing credit will be awarded to students transferring from Concordia University who matriculate during Summer or Fall 2020. The credit will be applied around October 1 to students living in housing who are in a room at that time.
Concordia University graduate students seeking to transfer can explore PSU programs that closely align with the content, coursework and career paths offered at Concordia listed below. MBA students can learn more about The School of Business transfer paths and advising events. Contact the Graduate School for questions.
Graduate Transfer Paths
Explore PSU programs that closely align with the content, coursework and career paths offered at Concordia:
Learn more about The School of Business transfer paths and advising events.
- Graduate Teacher Education Program - Preliminary Teaching License, Elementary and Secondary
- Curriculum and Instruction - Campus or Online, Masters
- Postsecondary, Adult and Continuing Education (PACE)
- ESOL Endorsement
- ReadOregon Online Reading Endorsement
- Administrator's License: Principal
- Administrator's License: Professional
- Master in Early Childhood: Inclusive Education and Curriculum & Instruction (Online)
- Doctor of Education
- Special Education Endorsement
Questions about Education admissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Transfer Benefits
Up to $5,000 in tuition remission scholarships may be available to graduate students transferring from Concordia University on a case by case basis.
- Essay instructions: If you would like to be considered for up to $5,000 in tuition remission scholarships being offered to Concordia transfer students, please describe the ways that you are planning on funding your education and the financial impact that a tuition remission scholarship would have your ability to complete your degree.
- Completed essays must be emailed to email@example.com.
Graduate admissions application deadlines have been extended to accommodate summer and fall transfer students from Concordia transitioning to PSU this year.
GMAT/GRE Exam Waiver
Current Concordia MBA students may be eligible for a GMAT/GRE waiver or scholarships to complete the GMAT Executive Assessment exam. Visit //www.koskin-import.com/sba/concordia-transfer-students for more details.
Application Fee Waiver
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of enrollment at Concordia (screenshot of unofficial transcript, registration, etc.) to acquire your application fee waiver code.
Excess Pre-admission/Transfer credits
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.