Portland State Acting President Stephen Percy and Interim Vice President of Global Diversity and Inclusion Michael Alexander presented diversity awards Thursday to recognize contributions and accomplishments across the university.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Award winners include:
- Distinguished Faculty: Javier Casado Perez, assistant professor, Counselor Education in the College of Education; Elena Aviles, assistant professor, Chicano/Latino Studies, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Distinguished Staff: Eunice Makinde, diversity recruitment and retention specialist, School of Business; Perla Pinedo, director of retention programs, Diversity and Multicultural Student Services, Global Diversity and Inclusion.
- Distinguished Undergraduate: Kaila Fontenot, anthropology major, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences.
- Distinguished Graduate Student: Joy Mutare Fashu Kanu, Ph.D candidate in sociology, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences.
- Distinguished Alumnus: Warren Brown, president of North Seattle College.
- Distinguished Team: Middle Eastern, North African, South Asian Initiative, Cultural Resource Centers.
- Disability, Equity and Inclusion Exceptional Campus Partner award: David Brown, graduate teaching assistant, Maseeh Department of Mathematics and Statistics.
- Exceptional Department award: Planning, Construction and Real Estate in Finance and Administration.
- Commission on the Status of Women essay contest winners: Halla Williams, graduate student, and Jenna Richards, undergraduate.
Story by Christopher Broderick
Photos by Kurt Bedell
Pictured are Theodore Van Alst, Jr. (top) and the Taiko Ensemble from the PSU School of Music.